Thursday, March 27, 2014

Missing Someone At Christmas

Christmas is a time for love & laughter...
and spreading Christmas cheer...
Time with loved ones and family insanity, 
but *she* isn't here. 

I feel her presence 
but I can't touch. 
It's been 8 years ago today, 
and I still miss her so much. 

I try not to think about it
and go about my day, 
But how is that fair to me or my heart...? 
Grief will get to you either way. 

So I take my time to grieve my loss
and feel my hurt from my heart. 
After many shed tears, I close my eyes
and I know we're not far apart. 

She's sitting right beside me smiling at me
telling me everything is alright. 
With tear filled eyes, I smile back 
knowing she's right. 

Her spirit hugs me and I hug her back
and my body breathes relief. 
I soak up the moment as much as I can...
These visits are far too brief. 

Now it's time to change the tune 
from sadness and celebrate...
the life she lived and the life I have, 
for it's up to me to make it great. 

So I get up and go to the mirror
to get ready for the day. 
But there's something in my reflection
that wasn't there yesterday. 

My eyes, my smile, 
my expressions, my hair...
I look at myself 
and she's standing there. 

With a smile on her lips 
and a twinkle in her eye, 
she lets me know 
that this isn't good bye. 

Through all these things, and so much more, 
I know I can derive, 
Although I can't see or touch her...
through me, she's alive. 

**Take the time to hug those you love today. You never know which one will be your last. So make it count. Merry Christmas!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment