Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Mama

To the woman who carried me; gave birth to me;
who held me when I was happy, sick, or sad;
the woman who showed me that some problems
really aren't so bad.

To the woman who taught me about 
the "fun" in dysfunctional
and how to laugh at myself and RANDOM things,
who taught me to reach for the stars
and always follow my dreams.


From you I got my smile, my hands,
my butt, and THANK GOD my nose;
my love of people and dance,
and my nutty side I suppose.

I catch myself sometimes picking up the phone
to share good news or because I've had a bad day.
Then I remember heaven doesn't have 4G or internet,
so, instead, I bow my head and pray.

You gave me the love of children
and taught me to love people for what's on the inside and not the out.
I wouldn't be the woman I am today if it weren't for you,
I have no doubt.

I think of you often
and miss you more than words could ever convey.
To realize you won't be there to spoil my children or help me fix my hair on my special day.

But I know you're in a better place,
this I know deep down in my heart.
And because of this and 
my faith in God,
I know we won't be long apart.

I'm your greatest production,
that's what you always say...
But it's because of your guidance, support, and love
that you showed me along the way.


I write all of this to say,
on this 26th day in June,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you mama...

my Mouse Over the Moon <3 :'^)

No comments:

Post a Comment